Friday, May 3, 2019

R.I.P Phil McCormak

My memories of Phil McCormack go back past the last 24 years where he has been the lead singer for the iconic Southern Rock band Molly Hatchett. I remember him from fronting perhaps the best Southern Rock group in the Washington D.C. area "The Roadducks."


Here he is with The Roadducks "Laughing Eyes"...  


The video was probably a good five years before I would see the band. I heckled the guitarist in the band at one of his solo gigs and the band owned a club where I would see a bunch of bands through the years.

"Sad Situation"


Phil passed away last week. It wouldn't be right not to pay tribute without some Molly Hatchet tunes as well.

here is an original from his time in the band "Son of the South"


Guess he was "Flirtin' with Disaster"


May he rest in peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good info. Lucky me I came across your blog by chance (stumbleupon).
I have book-marked it for later!