Monday, November 13, 2017

Monday's Music Moves Me: One Hit Wonders from My High School Years

I have been on a blogging hiatus but I am back today. Back just in time for Monday's Music Moves Me.  Today's theme is one hit wonders from your high school years. Below you will find a few from mine.


My high Schools years would have been 1986 to 1989.



1986 Back then "The Futures So Bright I gotta Wear Shades"


1987 Robert Cray "Smoking Gun"


To be fair, Robert Cray is a blues artist so just having a mainstream hit is a feat.

1988 Bobby McFerrin "Don't Worry be Happy"


1989 Kix "Don't Close Your Eyes"


It is a blog hop and you can check out the rest here. Thanks for visiting and I will be back soon!


6 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

The mid to late 80s I was either working or tending to wee ones. This is a period when mewsic sorta escaped me somehow. The only song in your mix I remember is "Don't Worry Be Happy" and that's only because it's been shared several times on the dance floor. I enjoyed all of the new-to-me tunes, especially "Smoking Gun". Fabulous guitar playing! Thanks for hitting the dance floor with the 4M crew, my friend. Have a tunetastical day!

csuhpat1 said...

Nice songs. I graduated in 87, so I remember all of these.

John Holton said...

I'm surprised Robert Cray didn't catch on, but as you say he's a blues artist and I don't think the MTV crowd was ready to listen to that. Hell of a guitar player: I had a couple of his early albums (the two before "Strong Persuader") and he was straightforward South Side of Chicago on those. Good choices here!

XmasDolly said...

You have rocked the house girlfriend! Oh yeah, you have some heavy tunes here for sure. Sorry I'm so late. Doctor's is really messin' with my time. Anyway... you got some heavy tunes here sweetie! Thanks for joinin' us! BIG HUGS! YOU ROCK!

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

My high school years were a decade before you, Mike! 😲
Drop by and visit me in Caneyhead!

Arlee Bird said...

I recall the songs, but I was listening to different kinds of music at that time. Your high school days were a good while after mine.

Lee
Tossing It Out