Sunday, August 20, 2017

Monday's Music Moves Me: Songs with Male Names Part 2

Last week's theme was so much fun I decided to do it again. 

The music is on, I have 20 songs this go around.





Falco "Rock Me Amadeus"



                                                  The Who "Tommy Can You Hear Me?"
                                                     

Billy Joel "The Ballad of Billy the Kid"


Taylor Swift "Tim McGraw"


Elvis Costello with "Oliver's Army"



"Quinn the Eskimo" Bob Dylan


Doobie Brothers "Jesus is Just Alright"


"Careful with that Axe, Eugene"
Pink Floyd 


Waylon Jennings "Good Time Carlie Has the Blues"


Johnny Cash "A Boy Named Sue"


Grateful Dead "St. Stephen"


The Beatles "The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill"


"Vincent" by Don McLean


"Louie, Louie" by the Kingsman


                                                "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" R.E,M


                                                   Townes Van Zandt "Poncho and Lefty"



                                                             Dave Matthews "Jimi Thing"


Black Oak Arkansas "Jim Dandy"


                                                     Joni Mitchell "Michael from the Mountains"


"Jack Straw" from The Grateful Dead

                                             

5 comments:

XmasDolly said...

Whoa! Good Morning my friend! Thanks for rockin' with us today you sure have quite a few tunes here. This will get me through the dishes and cleaning my kitchen for sure. I play the 4M's while I'm cleaning house. Cool idea huh? Anyway, let me say you have a great taste in music and you really know how to rock the house! Dead Guise hubby loves them, but you have so many from yesteryear - love it! You have definitely ROCKED the house my friend! Have a rockin' week! Big Hugs!

John Holton said...

Great selection of tunes here, Mike! Just a suggestion: I've been building playlists instead of cutting and pasting each individual URL into my posts. Makes the page load a lot faster (especially when you have a lot like today; all of mine are getting this way lately), and tends not to crash mobile devices.

Mary B said...

Love it! It's especially great when themes spill over and there are just so many different tunes that you could make two or three posts out of a theme. And it's even better when you can include the Dead a few times :)

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

You have quite the list to dance to. You know what would be really cool to do? Anytime you have a long list of songs, you may want to incorporate them in a playlist for them to play straight through. It's just an idea for you to ponder on and it's easy peasy to do. I do this some on my site, as you may have noticed but I'm thinking more and more about doing all the time because I love it when I go to someone's site to simple listen to the mewsic while I read the content without interruption. Oops, I just read John's comment. lol If creating playlists aren't your thing that's ok. I'm still ready to boogie with you and you really have some fantastic songs here today, several of which are new to me. Thanks for sharing and rocking my world this morning!

Alana said...

Some nice ones here. Always love to listen to Pink Floyd. Never even thought of Quinn the Eskimo - I haven't heard that song in years!!