Sunday, February 19, 2017

Happy Birthday Smokey Robinson!

Today is Smokey Robinson's 76th birthday! I celebrated his 75th birthday last year with this post.  I am also featuring one of his songs in my current Battle of the Bands post. There is still time to vote if you like!

Five years ago, I had the honor of reviewing his performance at the Kennedy Center. It was for a charity event and Robinson still gave a full show. You can read my review here.

Enough about what I've posted, you know my celebrations are all about the music.

Here he is with the Miracles, "You Really Got a Hold of Me"




Elliptical Man posted last year his favorite song from Smokey was "Just to See Her"



I do requests and mentions so feel free to share your Smokey Robinson memories, favorite songs and such in the comments. Here is "Baby Come Close"



Hope you enjoy and I will be back soon!

No comments: