Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Battle of the Bands Results: A Shutout

 My first shutout of 2017. I thought D'Angelo did a great job with the song. The comments didn't indicate he was bad. However he wasn't a big name and he was pitted against two well known artist.
Huey Lewis and Gwyneth  Paltrow ran away with it. But I am still happy with how the month went for BOTBs for me. I wanted to spotlight genres for Black History Month and show how the music has influenced other artists. I think I accomplished that and I did it with two of my favorite genres so that was a plus.


Celebrating the winners is what we do so sit back and enjoy the music!

Here is Gwyneth with Tim McGraw..


Here she is with "Coming Home" from the movie Country Strong...


Here is HueyLewis "Workin' for a Livin'"...


and the "Heart of Rock N' Roll"..


I'll be back on the 1st with a brand new Battle so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

That video for THE HEART OF ROCK & ROLL is great! Really clever and well put together. That was from back when they used to make some music videos that were actually worth the time to watch.

~ D-FensDogG
Check out my new blog @
(Link:] Stephen T. McCarthy Reviews...

Arlee Bird said...

Yeah, D'Angelo wasn't bad--or at least not horrible. But he wasn't as good as the duo. Not too surprised about the outcome with this Battle, but it was worth putting it up.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out