Thursday, September 15, 2016

Battle of the Bands: Willin'

Last week  I went to the sold out Miranda Lambert concert and for the first song of her encore she covered Little Feat's Willin.' I was surprised to see her cover Little Feat! Can never get enough Little Feet. Well, I am a little late to the party but it is still the 15th in my neck of the woods and I'm still Willin' so come on listen and vote.



If you don't know the routine. Here it is I pick a song and share a video with the original artist or someone who made the song famous. Then I pick two contenders to battle it out to see whose cover is best. Who decides the winner? You do when you vote in the comments.

If you like these battles. Check out the other ones going on. This site has the most up to date list of Battles.

The Song Willin' by Little Feat



Contestant One: The Black Crowes


Contestant Two: The Byrds





I am glad you joined me on this Battle. Vote in the comments and we will see who wins. The Black Crowes or The Byrds. I'll be back on the 21st with results. 

6 comments:

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

Good Battle, MIKE. I didn't know this song. I really don't care for The Byrds at all, but they did this song very well. It was a tough decision but I'll still vote for The Black Crowes.

~ D'plorable D-FensDogG

John Holton said...

I'll go with The Byrds on this one. I just liked their sound better.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike, New-to-me song but that's ok. You don't have to know it to judge two artists covering it, right? I'm not sure what it is but The Black Crowes vocals and music arrangement seemed to a purrfect fit winning me over almost instantly. The Byrds were ok and didn't quite move me the way Contender #1. So, kindly give my vote to The Black Crowes. Nice battle!

Michele at Angels Bark said...

Great battle Mike~ I like both versions but I'm going to give my vote to the Byrds. I liked their version a little better (but I could've voted for the Black Crowes too).
Nicely done!

Michele at Angels Bark

DiscConnected said...

Wow-did the Birds cover it before LG and LF recorded it?

I have always liked this tune, and the covers are pretty true to the original (in fact every cover I can think of is pretty true to the original).

Like those who voted before me, I could have gone either way, but I am a big Crowes fan so I am giving them my vote....but not by much.

Larry

Birgit said...

The Byrds have it for me. I like his strong voice and it held my attention more than The Crowe's. So my vote goes to The Byrds.