Saturday, October 30, 2010

300,000 Mile Stone

This week I surpassed 300,000 page views on Associated Content. Not bad considering my first article wasn't published on Associated Content until 7/28/2007.  Of course this year is seeing the most growth in my page views in the spring I went over 200,000 page views.

This year has been a pretty cool year for writing. I started writing poetry again. Alright, they were only Haiku. I knew they wouldn't gather a bunch of page views. However, I was comfortable with my page views to take chances. Writing isn't always about page views and upfront payments. I also published my first two interviews. One with Jay Turner, who has worked on a Grammy Award winning project and toured Europe a few times. I also interviewed a regional blues singer in Chocolate Thunder. I also was able to get my first press pass.

I also have had articles published on Yahoo Finance, Yahoo Sports Canada, and Yahoo Sports. I hope to finish the year off strong. I am trying to get a big name interview as I have eluded to in my previous posts. I am working on a few more things which might be published on Yahoo.

No comments: