Friday, June 11, 2010

Les Paul

My mind wanders off to the gulf after each horrible headline I read, or it could wander to my unknown economic gloom. Instead, I will write about something else. No shameless self promotion either, I haven't done that in a while.

Yes, I wanted to see Jeff Beck in concert last Monday. Money is tight and I went to the Blues Fest for fre the weekend before. However, the concert I wanted to see was Tuesday and Wednesday at the  Iridium Jazz Club in New York. Jeff Beck and friends played a couple of shows as a tribute to the late great Les Paul, who I blogged about his passing last year. I did enter a contest to win tickets but I didn't win.

However, the shows were outstanding here is a link to one review.

On occasion I do plug other writers work. Disclaimer I don't know this writer, I just wish I was at t he show.

No comments: