Monday, January 4, 2010

Hagerstown Cold Weather Shelter

I wrote about the problem of homelessness in a November blog. Today I published an article about an organization doing something about it in Hagerstown, Maryland. The word needs to get out about these kind of organizations.

You can read the article here.

I think I left these facts out of the article so I will through them in here.

The shelter provides the homeless an address to use and a place to get messages and phone calls. This is a big deal because it allows potential employers a place to reach them, or family, or somebody who could potentially help them.

It gives them a place to do their laundry.

It gives them a place to shower.

The cold weather shelter is more than a warm meal or a cot to sleep in. If you want to learn more read my article and follow the links. If you want to do more volunteer at a shelter, I am sure you can find one that can use your help.

No comments: