Tuesday, April 7, 2020

A to Z Challenge: Fishing



I was going to go Mardi Gras this year but I was a slacker on booking my hotel room. When I finally got around to it hotel room prices were sky high in the Big Easy. I new the prices were gonna be jacked up. They are for Jazz Fest too. I was expecting Jazz Fest style pricing and I still had price shock. I missed a parade or two, a show at Tipitina's and apparently a good opportunity to catch Covid-19. I went another direction, literally. New Orleans is three hours West, I went four hours East and South. Spent a night in "a storied hotel" for $50. It was a small, Southern town, that was nothing like Carnival in New Orleans. I never figured out what was so storied about the hotel. I think I fell asleep before I even cracked the cover. As the picture above shows I had things to catch.

                                               Tab Benoit "Sac Au Lait Fishing"


I combine music and fishing. Tab Benoit the last musician I saw in New Orleans when I was there for New Years!

The past year a lot of the lyrics kinda fits my life...

"Don't Ask Me No Questions" Lynyrd Skynryd


"If you want to talk fishin'
I guess that would be okay."

Brad Paisley "I'm Gonna Miss Her"



By the time it was all said and done my face was redder than that redfish!

There you go a fish tale and a few songs!



2 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

Never caught a fish in my life. Only been fishing a few times. I've eaten a lot of fish though. Love fish!


Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Birgit said...

Congrats on the fishing! That is one big fish