Thursday, April 30, 2020

Battle of the Bands: Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain

The song Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain is best known due to Willie Nelson. Willie just celebrated a birthday so it is fitting to pick a song associated with him. Fred Rose wrote the classic song. 

Roy Accuff first recorded the gem way back in 1945..


I'm going to pit two musical legends together. 

Contender One: Hank Williams Sr



Contender Two: Elvis Presley



Who are you voting for Hank or Elvis? Let me know in the comments





7 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

Elvis is good, but his version was a bit too slicked up. Hank for me.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

John Holton said...

I like Elvis's voice better than Hank's, but I didn't like the arrangement. Give my vote to Hank Williams.

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

Oh, ELVIS, all the way!!

~ D-FensDogG
STMcC Presents BATTLE OF THE BANDS

Mary B said...

It's a vote for Hank from me!

aisasami said...

My vote goes to Elvis Presley, that voice! <3 it!

Check out my newest battle about Mother's Day here!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

I'm giving my vote to the King of Rock n' Roll! Thanks for stopping by over the weekend to vote in my showdown, my friend. Stay healthy!!xx

Cherdo said...

A big ole' vote for Graceland's finest, Elvis!!

Hope you're doing well, buddy!