Saturday, April 4, 2020

A to Z: Downtown these Days

 I welcomed in 2020 in what you could call Downtown New Orleans. Okay technically it was a music hall in uptown. 2020 I saw a couple of musicians in downtown Mobile. I was going to go see the same musician I saw on New Year's again in downtown Mobile  last month but my plans got cancellled. I've done my share of travelling through downtown Jacksonville as I have driven from exit 5 to the coast of the Atlantic. 9In my life I have spent plenty of time in Downtowns both big and small. A lot of Downtown fun has been put on hold these days so I thought I would do a musical tribute to downtown.


Rod Stewart with "Downtown Train" ….


Petula Clark "Downtown"


Thin Lizzy "Downtown Sundown"



What are some of your favorite Downtown songs? See you Monday with a new post.



2 comments:

John Holton said...

Good selection of "downtown" songs here...

Birgit said...

I. Glad you picked Downtown sung by Petulia Clark..I love that song.