Sunday, November 1, 2020

Bands, Battle of the Bands: Diamonds are Forever

 AS you know Sean Connery has passed away and I thought I would use a James Bond theme song for my battle of the bands. 

Today's song "Diamonds are Forever" by Shirley Bassey..


I pick two covers and you vote buy telling me which version you like best. I count the votes and announce a winner in about a week or so. This time around I have Chaka Khan versus Artic Monkeys.

Contestant One: Chaka Khan


Contestant Two: Artic Monkeys


Tell me which version you like!

Now a word from our sponsor De Beers Diamond Company..


A clip from the movie...


Well I hope you enjoy see you soon!












5 comments:

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

MIKE ~

I never saw this movie before (not really my kind of genre) and I'm not sure I ever even heard the song before, although I knew it existed.

I'm gonna vote for CHAKA KHAN. Her rendition was a bit heavy in the Histrionics department for my tastes, but I liked it better, musically, and I think this song is naturally a bit more suited for a female vocalist.

My brother, Nappy, is contributing a second "bote" for CHAKA KHAN.

So... I'll have the CHAKA KHAN CHAKA KHAN on the rocks, please - light on the histrionics.

~ D-FensDogG
(aka STMcC)

Arlee Bird said...

Timely Battle. I guess I've seen every Bond film starting when I saw the first ones in a theater in Crown Point IN back when I was in junior high.

This is a good song. The Arctic Monkeys pulled it off nicely, but I've got to give my vote to Chaka Khan who keeps the song in tradition. She does a very nice version.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

John Holton said...

Absolutely, without question, Chaka Khan.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

You're gonna like my battle, so please be sure to stop by to vote. I doubled up on my mewsic today with BoTB & 4M. ;)

Anywho, this was easy for me. I'm going with CHAKA KHAN. There aren't too many covers of "Diamonds Are Forever". Well played, my friend!

Birgit said...

Diamonds Are Forever is a good Bond film, not his best but they are all good really. Jill St. John seemed intelligent until she was on the oil rig and hid the tape in her bikini pants. Idiot. I was all for Chaka Kahn u TIL the end when she screeched the high notes. She lost me because of that. She decided to screech because she could not hit those notes and it was enough for me to vote for those Monkey guys. They Arctic Monkeys get my vote.