Sunday, February 17, 2019

Monday's Music Moves Me: National Battery Day

Today apparently it is National Battery Day. Keeping with that theme the topic for Monday's Music Moves Me is songs featuring Smoke, Alarm, Battery and Charge.

This song will probably be used a lot but it is a good one.

                                                          Deep Purple "Smoke on the Water"



Yo La Tengo "False Alarm"


Metallica "Battery"


"Calvary Charge"


I think my choices will wake you up. On a serious note it is important to test the batteries in smoke detectors from time to time. No one wants to sing this song about their home.

Talking Heads "Burning Down the House"








9 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

Great choices. I’d never heard the Netallica song before

DrillerAA said...

It seems all of us thought of Smoke on the Water this morning. I must say the intro to the Metallica song is excellent. Nice post this week.

XmasDolly said...

Yep, I surely agree with DrillerAA with Smoke on the Water. We all played it! hahaha! I agree with him about your Metallica tune too... Your choices were definitely superb! YOU ROCKED THE HOUSE & THEN BURNED IT DOWN, MY FRIEND! Bwahahahaha! Many of us thought of the CHARGE Song too... I was right there with ya! SUPERB JOB! Thanks for rockin' with us today! hugs

csuhpat1 said...

We both picked the Metallica song. Great minds think alike. Great songs.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

The Calvary Charge clip cracked me up. lol All of your other choices are spot on for this theme. Thanks for joining the 4M dance floor. Have a boogietastic week, my friend!

Kim (The ReInVintaged Life) said...

I included "Battery" in mine....but multiple alike selections can hardly be avoided when the keywords were that specific. I liked your inclusion of "Burning Down The House"!

Kim

Alana said...

Smoke on the Water was a definite favorite, as was Metallica's "Battery". You got a good one there with the Calvary Charge, just as good as the F Troop theme on another blog. You burned down the house here, so to speak - a fiery theme indeed.

aisasami said...

I used Battery in my 4M but the others are a nice addition to this week's theme. Nice share!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Great job on your song selections! Thanks for the dance! :)