Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fishing My New Beat

I just picked up a new beat on Yahoo! Sports I will be writing about fishing. The cool thing is I get to write about something I enjoy doing. Hopefully, as the weather gets warmer I will be able to make time to actually fish. I know a small lake just a few yards from my house that I think the bass will be ready to eat some night crawlers!

Anyway I thought I would share some fishing articles I have already published. My latest one was about West Virginia Bass Records. You can read it here. West Virginia has records for seven different bass. Not bad for a hilly state probably better known for its trout fishing.

Here is an article I wrote last year about how to get a West Virginia fishing license. If you are going to fish for bass or trout you probably are going to need one.

Here is an article I wrote about one of my favorite fishing spots in neighboring Maryland. It is called Blair's Valley Lake and it is a wonderful place to catch yellow perch, bass, carp and catfish. it is also stocked for trout.

Anyway just a quick blog today to announce the news of the new beat and to share some old fishing articles. I will be sharing news about new articles soon. If you have any suggestions for fishing articles let me know.



No comments: