Thursday, April 25, 2019

Blogging from A to Z: Virginia

Virginia is the state my Mom ended up after she married my Dad in Sweden. They would also have a ceremony in the United States. In Virginia my Mom earned her United States Citizenship. It wasn't easy even if she was marrying an American Sailor who just got out of the service. After a few years of being introduced to Tidewater, Virginia charm they made a change. A move to Jacksonville for a half dozen years. Years spent worrying about me becoming an Alligator snack they moved to Maine for a year. After a year chilling out in Maine they settled back in Virginia until they retired. This time is was the bustling suburbs of Washington. In my Mom's life Virginia was
truly for Lovers.

3 comments:

Liz A. said...

It's great they found a state they liked.
(You might want to check your post. The image is blocking half the text.)

Arlee Bird said...

Well, the text of your post was covered by the VA logo so I couldn't read it. But I like VA, have lived there a couple times (married two women from Richmond--at different times of course), and drive through it often. It's a beautiful state. Right now it's my dream state where I'd like to go for retirement instead of staying here in CA.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Birgit said...

It's great to know she found her soul mate and moved here to start fresh. Virginia must have kept calling as they returned there. Glad you did not become an alligator snack