Monday, September 3, 2018

Monday's Music Moves Me: Work Songs

Monday's Music Moves Me theme today is a freebie and since it is Labor Day I thought I would go with "work" songs. I hope you enjoy.

I will start with Huey Lewis and the News "Workin' for a Livin'"



To those of us who work on the weekends "Working for the Weekend" with Loverboy



John Lennon "Working Class Hero"


                                            "Taking Care of Business" by Bachman Turner Overdrive

                                       
                                             Lynyrd Skynyrd "Workin' for MCA"

                                     

                                         Those are five fun work songs for your Labor Day Celebration!

4 comments:

csuhpat1 said...

We both picked the same theme and the same Huey Lewis song. I guess that great minds think alike.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

It's great to boogie to your labortastic playlist. "Working For the Weekend" by Loverboy is a song I haven't heard in a quite some time, so that was a lot of fun to hear again. Thanks for sharing the dance floor with the 4M gang, my friend. Have a boogietastic week!

John Holton said...

Good list! Don't forget the other labor-oriented song by BTO, "Blue Collar."

Alana said...

I remember, years ago, one of the local radio stations having such a time bashing Loverboy; you would have thought the group had intentionally insulted them. I always liked them, and it was great hearing "Working for the Weekend" today. All great selections. I remember when "Working Class Hero" was controversial because of its inclusion of the "f" word. Quite a political song. Hope you had a good week.