Sunday, May 13, 2018

Monday's Music Moves Me: Ukulele Madness



It is that time for the Monday Music madness we call Monday's Music Moves Me. Today is a freebie. Since I just put together a playlist for a recent Luau ukulele music is fresh in my mind.

James Hill with his version of "Voodoo Child"...


Bet you never heard "Uptown Funk" like this..


Jake Shimabukuro's take on "As My Guitar Gently Weeps"


Taimane taking out with a spy medley..


Thanks for visiting! Come back on the 15th for a new Battle of the Bands. I hope you enjoyed the tunes.

8 comments:

XmasDolly said...

Those were all the coolest!!! Loved Uptown Funk the best.. Hope you had a great weekend my friend. hugs

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

I enjoyed the Ukulele covers. My favorite might have been "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". It's great having you on the dance floor today. Have a pawsome week, my friend!

~Curious as a Cathy
1990s Top 10 Singles to Honor My May Babies

csuhpat1 said...

Beautiful songs. I enjoyed them all. Thanks for uplifting my Monday.

Mary B said...

This is pretty cool! Here's a random fact - my brother in law was working graveyard shift. His only task was to make sure the boiler continued to run during the night at a local college campus. Obviously, this gave him quite a bit of spare time. So he bought a ukulele kit online and built his own ukulele and then taught himself how to play it. Educational and entertaining!

~Mary
Jingle Jangle Jungle

John Holton said...

I really like the one by Taimane. She's a real character, and she was really good on that medley! Jake Shimbakuro is always good, as were the other two. Great set!

Alana said...

My favorite was the one by Taimane - what a lead in and the rest surprised me - wasn't at all what I was expecting. Also enjoyed Uptown Jam. Have a great week! Alana

Colette S said...

My daughter saw a ukulele and didn't want to leave it. However it was a toy one. Very good selections!
Aloha.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Color me impressed with the ukulele version of Uptown Funk!! :) Great choices, Mike! I rather enjoyed all of them! :)