Thursday, May 31, 2018

Battle of the Bands Result: This is the place where big names get shut out

My last three Battle of the Bands have been shut outs! Aretha Franklin forget about respect, how about a vote?


The time before The Everly Brothers got the shut out treatment. Starting my string of shut outs Julie Miller! Her husband is the one and only Buddy Miller.  I know I've had more shut outs and I am curious who else I have served a nice big slice of Humble Pie?


Maybe I do need a Doctor! Prior to this trio of shut outs the mighty Led Zeppelin and Glenn Miller Orchestra was shut out in November of 2017. Even the Boss, Bruce Springsteen was shutout in July of 2017.  D'Angelo lost in the Winter of 17. Nicola Marie added her name to the list in December 2016. The great Nina Simone was shut out in July of 2016,.

There is the complete history of shut outs here. 

I liked the guitar playing un Aretha's version and it was neat hearing the song from a female point of view.
However BB was known for that song, oh well. 

2 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

WOW, I didn't realize you had three consecutive shutouts. I don't think I've had one of these yet. *cross fingers* However, I felt I was close a time or two. Maybe your next battle will be better. :)

Arlee Bird said...

Hard to beat BB on his iconic version of "Thrill is Gone", but I guess in BOTB it's always worth a shot if you're willing to risk a shut out. Oh well, it happens.

I've put my new Battle up--one that I think you might appreciate.


Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out