Sunday, August 20, 2017

R.I.P Jerry Lewis

To me Jerry Lewis will always be remembered for his telethons for the Muscular Dystrophy
Association. He gained fame well before my time teaming up with the great Dean Martin. They were in 17 films together from 1949 to 1956.

Here they sing "That's Amore"....



He also appeared in 40 some other films during a long career, Active until 2016. He passed away at the young age of 91.

Here is Jerry and Dean's reunion from 1976...


Here he is in a skit with Donnie and Marie Osmond..."Send in the Clowns"


Here he is in the Carol Burnett Show..


What is your favorite Jerry Lewis memory? Favorite movie or bit? Feel free to share in the comments. May he rest in peace.

3 comments:

Liz A. said...

I enjoyed his movies. Who's Minding the Store? is a favorite. I'm not a big fan of the one's where he's paired with Dean Martin, but rather the movies he made just after they split in the '60s.

John Holton said...

Very funny man, and did so much for muscular dystrophy research. He'll be missed.

Birgit said...

This is a great tribute and so nice to see him with Dean Martin there...they both seemed genuinely touched. I always loved Carol Burnett. I liked him in the Disorderly Orderly...I think that's what it is called. I also liked the one where they went to a haunted house:)