Tuesday, August 1, 2017

75 Years of Jerry Garcia

Today is Jerry Garcia's birthday. It marks 75 years since he was born.  He passed away at 53 and something beautiful has been missing ever since.

I'm going to share songs from throughout his career. Music talks better.

If you want more, I suggest going t o the movies today. They are bringing a vintage concert to the big screen. You can catch Jerry and the Grateful Dead one more time. Information here.


Jerry Garcia with Merl Saunders "Road Runner"..


Yes he was a road runner touring solo and with the Grateful Dead.

A happy Jerry does his take on a Beatles classic..


Here is early Jerry Garcia from 1962 performing some bluegrass. Sleepy Hollow Hog Stompers is the group "Run Mountain" the song..


Here is Jerry Garcia performing with The Grateful Dead at the last show..


The Dead unplugged..Jerry Garcia with Bob Weir and Phil Lesh..


I could go on. Of course I will. I hope you enjoyed and come back soon!

No comments: