Monday, January 18, 2016

Martin Luther King Jr

Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?' - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Martin Luther King Jr was a great man. Certainly  civil rights leader but he was a religious leader as well. I could write a full blog on the man however in celebrating his day I thought it would be best to focus on one quote. This is my quote for the day.

What is your answer to this question? "What are you doing for others?" In my past I would have answered this by saying a lot. This time of year I would be volunteering at a cold weather shelter or at a food distribution center.

They don't have cold weather shelters here. Sure I participate in food drives and give donations here and there. Shop at a thrift store or support something in that way.

Am I doing what I should be for others? Honestly I could do more. Maybe that is something I can work on in this young year.

No comments: