Saturday, July 20, 2013

Happy Birthday! Santana

Today is Carlos Santnana's 66th birthday! When I hear him play a song he is one of the few guitarists I can go "hey that's Santana." In other words he has a sound all his own that shines through.I had the pleasure to see him in concert back in 1989 or 1990. I saw him two nights in a row with Jeff Beck.

It weas the first two shows of the tour so they didn't play anything together but here they are playing "Amazing Grace"

This Peter Green song, Santana makes his own...


In recent times he has played with other musicinas with great results such as this with Michelle Branch...

and with Everlast..

I've always liked this song of his..


A god mix of rarities, newer stuff, and some classics a perfect way to celebrate his birthday!

No comments: