Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Jimi Hendrix

Today Jimi Hendrix would have turned 70 years old. It would go without saying I am a fan of the music he created. I like guitars thus I am a fan of his.

I have blogged about him quite a bit this year.

On the anniversary of his death, and one on Experience Hendrix. Okay maybe I haven't blogged about him as much as I thought. Maybe it just feels like it when you add in several posts about Buddy Guy, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Eric Clapton.

He is a relevant thought as he was when he was alive. Sunday guitarists Mick Taylor and Jeff Beck joined the Rolling Stones on stage in London. I can't help but wonder if Hendrix was still alive would he be invited to play? What song would he play? A new Jimi Hendrix is scheduled to be released in March.

Here is some footage of Jimi hanging out with The Stones...


Here is an interview I found of Jimi Hendrix that I thought was neat...


A facebook friend of mine and a really good guitarist in his own right shared this video earlier today and I thought I might use the same one...


Just something different you don't really associate Jimi Hendrix with any other guitar but the Fender Stratocaster. However, the video shows him playing a 12 string acoustic.

Just a little ramble of what is on my mind musically today. I'll be back soon with a new post.

No comments: