Sunday, April 3, 2022

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge 2022: C is for Cal Ripken Jr

 Cal Ripken Jr known as baseball's Iron Man for breaking Lou Gehrig's consecutive games played record and also set the league's record for most consecutive innings played. He won awards from the get-go Rookie of the Year, World Series Champion, Two-time MVP, 19-time All-Star, and capped off with an induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

                                               Setting the record...


His final home run


Thanks for visiting and tomorrow I will have a new post for D.






1 comment:

Janet said...

Hi Mike - I remember watching the game when he broke the record. I got chills as he was making his lap around the field. I read his autobiography, The Only Way I Know and he seems like a really good guy.

Janet’s Smiles