Friday, April 15, 2022

Blogging from A to Z Challenge 2022: M is for Mia Hamm

 Switching sports to soccer or the other football. Let's switch gears even further by choosing our first female athlete. Mia Hamm perhaps the greatest woman's soccer player of all time. She won four NCAA Championships at North Carolina. She was on World Cup Champion teams in 1991 and 1999. In 1995 Team USA finished in third place and also in 2003. 


                                            Here is a commercial with Michael Jordan...


Besides the World Cup she was on tow Gold Medal Olympic Teams 1996 and 2004. In 2000 she was on a Silver Medal Team. She also won a championship in a professional league.

Her top 10 goals...


Is there a better female soccer player than Mia Hamm? Stay tuned for a new athlete or team for N.






1 comment:

Arlee Bird said...

When my daughters played soccer years ago I took them to an event where Mia Hamm was among the soccer celebrities signed autographs for their fans. One of my daughters had a soccer ball signed by a bunch of players. Don't know where the ball is now. I think I gave it to my youngest daughter after I found it in our garage a couple years ago. She probably threw it away, but I'm not sure.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out