Monday, February 1, 2021

Battle of the Bands: Simple Man




My Battle of the Bands this go around features Lynyrd Skynyrd and their song "Simple Man."  
 

My contenders feature a Metal Band versus a Rock Band.  One version is a popular cover the other less commercial. A battle with a few contrasts. 


Deftones "Simple Man"



Shinedown "Simple Man"


The normal rules apply. In the comments you tell me which cover you like the best. You can expand and tell me and my readers why if you like. I sometimes quote voters or find inspiration for future Battles from the comments. However the main purpose is to decide a winner. After I count up the votes in a week or so I announce the winner in a future post. A pretty simple process.

I hope you enjoy the Battle and I will be back soon!



6 comments:

Birgit said...

Shinedown wins it for me. His voice is so powerful and raw plus I understood the lyrics. He didn't need much else but his voice and the guitar.

Arlee Bird said...

Both versions stayed pretty true to the original. Give my vote to the mellower sound of the Deftones.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

John Holton said...

I really liked the vocalist from Shinedown, so they get my vote.

Mary B said...

It's another vote for Shinedown from me

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

Call me a skeptic, but somehow I doubt that a tatted-up dude with multiple nose rings is "a simple kind of man". Nevertheless, I definitely preferred the SHINEDOWN recording of this song over that by The Deftones.

~ D-FensDogG
(a semi-simple kind of man)

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

Both covers are excellent! I like the vocalist from Shinedown and had to laugh at Stephens' comment about the tatted up dude probably not being "a simple kind of man". :D However, I feel like Lee this morning preferring the more mellow tone of DEFTONES in this round. Great job!!

Thanks for stopping by to vote in my battle. I'm not sure how I missed yours earlier in the week but I did. Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!