Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Battle of the Bands: Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season

 Sally is churning just offshore. I hear the pouring rains and gusting winds outside. As I write this sustained winds are about 33 mph. As I left work this alert popped on my phone...


I guess I am just "Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season"....


Well you know how it works, I find two contenders and you tell me which one you like the best in the comments. I count the votes and announce the winner in a separate post.

Contender One: Kenny Chesney


Contender Two:  Mishka


Well I am going to get ready for work and venture out in this mess. I hope you enjoy and I'll see you soon! 






7 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

I like both covers but I think I'm gonna give my vote to Kenny Chesney. Something about his version seemed more simplistic and appealing to my ear. I hope Hurricane Sally doesn't cause you too much problem. Stay safe, my friend.

John Holton said...

Kenny Chesney sounded better, so he gets my vote.

Arlee Bird said...

Not a favorite Buffet song. Nor was I overly impressed by Mishka's rather languid performance.

I have always liked Chesney's music and so is the case in this Battle. Give my vote to Kenny Chesney's slightly more upbeat delivery.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Mary B said...

Hi Mike

I'm voting for Kenny Chesney as well. Stay safe!

~Mary

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

MIKE ~

I can't run at ANY pace very long!

Hmmm.... I never heard this song before.

I could vote pretty equally either way on this one. And since that's true, and since MISHKA is getting shut out up to this point, I'll go ahead and toss my BOTB bote Mishka's way, just to finally get the poor dude on the scoreboard.

I hope you stay safe and well there, Mike!

~ D-FensDogG
STMcC Presents BATTLE OF THE BANDS

Sixgun McItchyfinger said...

I must go along with the crowd: Chesney on this cover. I will add that I like Jimmy Buffett a lot but I don't think most Buffett covers are good.

Buffett is a really strange musical phenomenon. He has a huge fan base and fills giant stadiums, but you almost never hear his songs played on the radio. His biggest hit only made it to no. 14 on Billboard 100, but he's like a crypto-superster: most people would not see him as as big as he is.

Birgit said...

I vote for Mishka because i just am not one for country and Chesney has that country sound to him. Mishka sounds more like a folk singer and I like the ballad more when sung like that.