Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Battle of the Bands Results: Blue Eyes still Crying Closer than I thought

Sometimes,okay a lot of times I have an idea of who is going to win the battle. I tend to go with this is neat, or this is a really good contrast, or I leave my audience wondering what the heck I drank. "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain" is a great song. I thought Hank Williams Sr might lose in a landslide. Night taking away from his fame but his music does have a bit of twang in it. Elvis would be selling out concert venues today if venues still had concerts.

I was excited when the votes came in and Hank Williams took an early lead. The King of Rock and Roll was in trouble. He needed a rally. The Battle was close and every vote counts. The last three votes were for Elvis. The right Elvis, not that Costello fellow. (Strange votes do happen on here so it  isn't like it is impossible.)


I mean Elvis Costello, his wife, and Willie did perform "Crazy" together. A couple of puffs on Willie Nelson's private stash they could have jumped right into "Bloodshot Eyes Crying in the Rain."


Reeling things back in the final score was 4 to 3 in favor of Elvis Pressley.  The supposedly dead King of Rock Elvis Pressley has been suffering due to the Covid-19 situation since the restaurants he has been rumored to be working at since his death have been closed, hours reduced and other problems. Elvis has been working on new music and will be releasing a new album soon. You heard that here first!

Let's celebrate the winner! 

Since Mother's Day passed Sunday

"That's Alright Mama"


"Mama Liked the Roses"


That's the Mama special. There might be some
"Suspicious Minds" about some of the content in this post..


I better go before I start singing "Jailhouse Rock"



I'll be back on the 15th with a new Battle of the Band. 





1 comment:

Arlee Bird said...

Still the King! But Hank ain't bad even with the twang.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out