Thursday, May 23, 2019

More than a Good Deed

A guy I knew had a bad day at work. He ended up being stranded at a job site which would have been an 11 hour walk back to his car. If he was able to walk back to his car by the time he got there the car would have been locked u on the property. Sure there is Lyft and Uber but like lots of people he was living from paycheck to paycheck and didn't have the means to pay for that. 

 I had just turned my phone off airplane mode just moments before he called me. I told him he got lucky reaching me that I had just turned my phone on.  He said that was God!

I drove out to where he was and  picked him up, drove him to his car and drove back to my place. It was somewhere between 60-80 miles of driving. However, I didn't have any plans and really wasn't that big of a deal. He said he didn't know a lot of people around here and it was God that lead him to call me. He was in this area for work. Where his home is the jobs are scarce and the pay very low. 

He shared his gratitude to me. Declaring if I ever needed anything to call him first! He gave the credit to God. After all God was the one who had me turn my phone on when I did. Even before that maybe God had something with us exchanging contact numbers. Maybe God had something to do with me being available and having a car. Sometimes being a friend, doing a good deed is so much more. 

No comments: