Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Battle of the Bands: Love The One You're With


It's the 15th of the month which means it is time for another Battle of the Bands. Think it's time to "Love The One You're With."  

Here is Stephen Stills performing his song to refresh your memory...


You know the drill by now I will have two contenders and you vote for the one you like the best in the comments. I tally the votes and announce a winner.

Contender One: Luther Vandross


Contender Two: The Supremes and The Four Tops





Who's gonna win? We will find out in a week or so. 

7 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

Luther Vandross's cover is great but a bit too lack that get-to-your-feet vib as the original, as well as his competitor. The Supremes & The Four Tops big band backing and groovy vibe triggered the boogie in my body winning me over instantly. Please give my vote to The Supremes & Four Tops. Excellent battle!

Wednesday mashup - WW + BoTB round 9 'The Signs' Showdown

Arlee Bird said...

Both are interesting takes on the Stills song. Between the two I prefer Luther Vandross.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Debbie D. said...

I wasn't particularly fond of either of these covers, but the Supremes and Four Tops sounded a bit more like the original, so I'm voting for them.

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

MIKE ~
Those were certainly stylistically unique approaches to that song. While I don't think either of them can touch the original, I believe I slightly prefer the version by The Supremes & The Four Tops.

~ D-FensDogG
STMcC Presents BATTLE OF THE BANDS

Mary B said...

While it took Luther a minute to warm up.. I liked his better. My vote : Luther Vandross

John Holton said...

Luther done took this one to church! Put me down for his version.

Birgit said...

I give it to Luther who truly made it his own. The other version reminded me of being too hip and groovy as if I was watching Shaft