Monday, May 27, 2019

Memorial Day

Go a head and hug a veteran or thank an active duty service member for there service. Today isn't about them. It is about the ones who gave the ultimate sacrifice.


They are somebody's son or daughter. They could be our neighbors. They are somebody's friend. To the Service Members they are Brothers and Sisters in arms.

I know several veterans and service members. I am proud and grateful for what they have done. Luckily I haven't known anyone who died in service. Pretty amazing if you think about it. Since for most of my life we have been involved in conflicts.

It is a different story for my parents. I remember going to the Vietnam War Memorial in Washington with my parents. I remember them searching the wall for people they new. I would visit the Memorial from time to time. There always same to be Veterans there. The names on the wall is a great reminder of the human cost of war. It was neat to see what others had left for their fallen loved ones. You would see folks looking for names of people they knew just like my parents did.

An Air Force friend of mine also asked his friends to remember those who lost their life through their own hands. Sometimes war and returning home is too much.i certainly will add them to my prayers on this day.



No comments: