Tuesday, December 11, 2018

The Battle of the Bands Chronicles: Volume Four A Big Blender of Sound


Battle 41 March 16, 2016 took a folk turn with Pete Seeger's classic "Where have all the Flowers Gone." The Searchers won big over Earth, Wind and Fire.

Battle 42 Star Date April 1, 2016 This Battle was a drum battle and nothing but fun! Just one video on this one. Dave Grohl against Animal. The red furred drummer won easily!

Battle 43: April 15, 2016 "Always Something to Remind Me" featured Sandie Shaw and Naked Eyes. Naked Eyes won 7 to 3.

Battle 44:May 1, 2016 "Nothing Compares to U" Chris Cornell vs Sinead O'Conner. Chris won this battle.

Battle 45: May 15, 2016 Prince was still on my mind. I went folk again with Joni Mitchell "A Case of You." I put Prince against jazz singer Diana Krall. Diana Krall won a close battle.

Battle 46: June 1, 2016 I kept it laid back with Guy Clark's "Boats to Build." Two friends pitted against each other Jimmy Buffett and Jerry Jeff Walker. Alan Jackson aided Jimmy. Jimmy won by many boat drinks.

Battle 47: June 15, 2016 "Relax" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood now that was a twist! Lika Morgan against Powerman 5000. Lika won.

Battle 48: July 1, 2016. I went with the traditional "O Death" to remember Ralph Stanley who passed. Lauren O'Conner and Jen Titus were the contenders. Lauren won this round.

Battle 49: July 15, 2016 I was marking my two year anniversary reusing the Stones "Dead Flowers" this time I changed the contenders to Cowboy Junkies and New Riders of the Purple Sage. NRPS won this one.

Battle 50: August 1, 2016 Decided to use "The Presence of the Lord." Larry Norman against Glenn Kaiser. Glenn won this Battle.

Battle 51: August 15, 2016 "Here Comes The Sun"  was the song. I pitted the great Nina Simone who was shut out by Phil Keaggy. Guess the Lord was still hanging out.

Battle 52: September 1, 2016 My Battle's often feature "Good Rocking Tonight." The rockabilly classic brought out rockers Montrose vs Lemmy and Johnny Ramone. Montrose came out victorious.

Battle 53: September 15, 2016 I was "Willin'" to feature some Little Feat! It went to the birds with The Black Crowes meeting The Byrds. Feathers were twisted and it ended as a tie.

Battle 54: October 1, 2016 Rocktober came and it was "Helter Skelter." Aerosmith and Motley Crue joined the party.  The Crew one!

Battle 55: October 15, 2016 Roctober was wild getting out of hand. Wild Thing was being covered by Sam Kinison and The Divinyls. The later won 9 -2.

Battle 56: November 1, 2016 We went back to "Willin'" to break up the tie. This time Linda Ronstadt  and Steve Earle squared off. Linda was the winner.

Battle 57: November 15, 2016 "A  Song for You" Christina Aguilera aided by jazz giant Herbie Hancock took on Ray Charles. The blind legend won!

Battle 58: December 1, 2016 Taylor Dayne's "Tell it to my Heart" brought the 80s back but millennials performed the covers. Nicola Marie and Lynsey Cawthra. Lynsey won.

Battle 59: December 15, 2016 "I Believe in Father Christmas" was my Christmas song. U2 and Vertical Horizon were my contestants. U2 lost big time.

My next Chronicles will start in 2017.


No comments: