Sunday, December 9, 2018

Monday's Music Moves Me: Annoying, Banned, Controversial Christmas Songs

The theme for December for Monday's Music Moves Me is Christmas Music. I kicked it off last week with a Christmas start up. Annoying, Banned, Controversial Christmas songs sounds like a great place to start since some of these have been in the news recently.


It may shock, it may offend, you may disagree but by all means dance!

"Baby Shark" has been very popular! I think some of the popularity is due to it's annoying factor. Just in time for Christmas there is "Santa Shark"...


"Baby, It's Cold Outside" (the banned one)




Bing Crosby and Doris Day have the pleasure of singing the song.

Controversy runs rampant in "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer"

Verbally abusive dad, bullying, and the bad behavior towards him for being different.




Fun little ABC's of Christmas Songs that might be found on the Naughty list. Maybe people are over reacting? I don't know. However if you listened to these three earworms chances are you might just start singing one.




6 comments:

Alana said...

I loved your theme. And, as a senior citizen, I am so amused when people discover that some classic songs (like Baby It's Cold Outside) are kind of....um, suggestive? Like, what else were Bing Crosby and Doris Day singing about? (oh, what shock that men and women had feelings for each other in those days!!) At least in those days things were implied in somewhat good taste (although I do enjoy Baby's Got Back, too). As for poor Rudolph and the other reindeer and how they bullied him, sadly, bullying is as old as people. And I am so happy I do not know that Baby Shark song because I couldn't even get through Santa Shark. Have a great week!

csuhpat1 said...

Great songs. Thanks for sharing them.

John Holton said...

I listened to "Santa Shark" for about a minute and realized why some parents turn into blithering idiots.

Mary B said...

Haha! I went 'offensive' this week as well. Santa Shark was not on my list, as I went more traditional. Fun post!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

I didn't even know about the whole uproar over 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' until I spotted on someone blogger yesterday. It just blows my mind how silly people can be to get offended over something so innocent as this classic Christmas song. Why don't these same people get offended over rap mewsic? Many of those so-called songs are blatantly offensive on so many levels that it's crazy that this stuff gets air time period. *sigh* Oh well...I'm happy to see my fellow dance partners are playing these 'offensive' Christmas songs on the dance floor. Let's crank up the volume to annoy the cry babies! :) Have a joyful and blessed season, my friend!

Anonymous said...

You have brought up a very superb points, regards for the post.