Sunday, July 22, 2018

Monday's Music Moves Me: Keep Counting

This week's theme on Monday's Music Moves Me is a freebie. I thought since last week's theme of songs with numbers in the title was fun I would continue on since I only got to 5.

Let's start the dance off with 6 and 7...



Robert Plant "Sixes and Sevens"




                                               The Beatles "Eight Days a Week"

                                                                       
                                               Follow the Beatles with a solo song from George Harrison "Cloud                                                           Nine"

                                               
                                          Otis Taylor "Ten Million Slaves"
                                               
                                       
                                         Primus "Eleven"

                                     
                                         Jimmy Buffett "Twelve Volt Man"
                                       
                                       

Hope you enjoyed and see you next time around!

                                         

10 comments:

DrillerAA said...

I find the George Harrison cut a most interesting tune. Thanks for sharing it with us. Have a blessed week.

csuhpat1 said...

Nice songs. Enjoyed them all. You did a great job in going on.

John Holton said...

Hey, what do you do when you're finished counting? Keep counting! Great follow-up to last week!

XmasDolly said...

Well, there's a cool thing to do continuing like that, so didn't know your first one & loved the Beatles tune haven't heard the 8 days in like forever... Man, looks like a lot of people are busy today. It's a ghost town in blogland... don't ya think? Anyway, George H. I thought was pretty good by himself loved the songs he wrote & his voice was really was kinda cool too! Never heard the Public Enemy one nor the Primus for 11 or the 12 tune. Geezzzzzzzzz where I been... but the last tune is definitely a cool slow tune. I can see the hubby & I dancin' to that one for sure! Great tune pickin' today Michael! YOU ROCK!

Mary B said...

This was a great idea, Mike! I almost wish I had thought of it, as I really struggled to come up with something. Guess I had too many other things going on to really give it much thought.

~Mary
Jingle Jangle Jungle

Holley said...

I do like the "Public Enemies" soundtrack. Much different than the group Public Enemy. Have a good week!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

You introduced some new songs with your number song title continuation from last week's theme. "Eight Days a Week" is the only song I knew. Public Enemies' "Ten Million Slaves" makes me want to hear more from this band. Thanks for the share and for the dance. Have a boogietastic week, my friend!

Michele at Angels Bark said...

Cool set here Mike. Most of these are new-to-me and that's always cool getting introduced to new music and new artists.

Have a good week,
Michele at Angels Bark

Alana said...

Don't stop counting! Any set that starts with Robert Plant is a great one. Eight Days a Week is a great one. I have to admit to Cloud 9 being a new one for me, as well as the 10, 11 and 12 songs. Of those, I liked Jimmy Buffett's song the best - nice and mellow and a good ending to the set.

Stacy Uncorked said...

I loved that you continued to count! And Jimmy Buffett is my favorite. ;) Thanks for the dance! :)