Sunday, June 17, 2018

Monday's Music Moves Me: TV themes specifically from my childhood!

I missed last weeks 4m! Life happened and it ended up being a really good day. Filled with adventure, sun, rainbows, a boat and a few friends. Anyway I am back for this round. This week's theme is "TV/Movie themes specifically from my childhood." Let me get into my secret time machine and travel way back in time.












I'll start off with my childhood forbidden fruit "Baa Baa Black Sheep"..


My Mom wouldn't let me watch this show and I tried hard to wheel and deal to watch it. I think some of it may have been the air time was past my bed time.

I have plenty of memories of watching westerns with my Grandparents...


"Rawhide" was one of my favorites..



I did watch children's show like "Mr Rogers"



I hope you enjoyed your visit to my back pages of my old TV guide. 


8 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

Well, you introduced a new 70s show to me, "Baa Baa Black Sheep". That one went right over my head. Was this a prime-time program? My brother and I often watched "Bonanza" when we were small. I even have a Christmas CD done by the cast. "Rawhide" aired ended their TV reign when I was about 4-years old, so I don't recall seeing any of this show but I have heard of it. I always think of The Blues Brothers singing this song every time I hear it. :) Mr. Rogers gives me warm feelings. What a sweet vibes that theme song brings with it. Thanks for sharing your favorite TV themes with us. Have a tunetastic week, my friend!

csuhpat1 said...

Super cool songs. Thanks for sharing them. Have a wonderful Monday.

John Holton said...

Interesting you posted "Baa Baa Black Sheep" and "Bonanza" together. Dirk Blocker was in the former, his father Dan was in the latter. All these were great. Mister Rogers was a bit after my time, but I watched it with my baby brother in the '70's (yes, I have a brother who's almost 20 years younger than I, from Mom's second marriage). Good set!

Cathy Keisha said...

The 'rents watched some westerns but we kids never got to watch tv after 8 pm. Thanks for sharing these.

pilch92 said...

I loved Mr. Rogers :)

Alana said...

Baa Baa Black Sheep is a show I did not watch - and when I looked up the time it was on I realized why - I didn't own a TV set for part of those two years, believe it or not. The other shows were familiar - nothing beats the Rawhide theme song except perhaps the Bonanza theme song, to this child of the 50's and early 60's - and Mr. Rogers, one of the best TV shows of all time. Great choices.

Mary B said...

I watched Baa Baa Black Sheep with my older brothers. Loved Bonanza! Watched Mr Rogers when I was babysitting. Great choices here.

Michele at Angels Bark said...

Hi Mike,
I don't remember Baa Baa Black Sheep at all. I'm going to have to look around for some episodes to check out.
Loved Bonanza! My favorite was Haus. I adored him. The show was definitely one of my favorites.

Hope you're having a good weekend,
Michele at Angels Bark