Sunday, June 3, 2018

Monday's Music Moves Me: The Crossover Edition

This week's theme for Monday's Music Moves Me comes from Alana. "Crossover" songs done by a group/singer known primarily for one type of music, but in another type.


                                                Rock to Country

                                                 The Rolling Stones

                                                    "Far Away Eyes"
                                                 


                                                                

                                                Led Zeppelin

                                                 "Hot Dog"


                                              

                                              Rock to Reggae

                                              Eric Clapton

                                              "I Shot the Sheriff"


                                              
                                              Rock to Classical

                                            Jeff Beck (Ravel's Tunes gets Amplified)

                                           "Beck's Bolero"

                                             

                                           Jimmy Page

                                          "Chopin Prelude Number 4"



                                         

Classic Rock from yesteryear exploring musical genres such as Country, Reggae and Classical. Hope you enjoyed! Stop by again for more fun!

9 comments:

Alana said...

"Hot Dog" is one of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs (amazing, as I am more of a rock lover than a country music lover). I'm a little surprised I didn't think of that song for my post. Beck's Bolero is a new one for me and, since I like the original version of that classical hit, I am in the midst of being amazed by it. Thank you, and have a great musical week!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

Your rock to country selections are new to me. I can't say they're a good suit for my ears this morning. The Stones were a bit of an overkill with the country vocals. lol How interesting I never thought about Eric Clapton's song being a crossover but I see that now. I always liked "I Shot the Sheriff". I remember my uncle singing it when I was little. I really enjoyed both rock to classical arrangements. Thanks for sharing your picks with the 4M gang. We're so glad to have you on the dance floor, my friend.

~Curious as a Cathy
7 Crossover Artist Song Titles

csuhpat1 said...

All of these are great songs. Thanks for sharing.

Mary B said...

Hey Mike!

Excellent selection this week. I had completely forgotten about the rock to classical crossovers. Thanks for bringing them back into my memory.

~Mary

John Holton said...

A great list here! You hit a few that no one else did.

Cathy Keisha said...

Those were some young Rolling Stones! Good call on I Shot the Sheriff.

XmasDolly said...

GREAT JOB my friend! You have rocked the house for sure! Sorry I'm so late, but I have been out of town for a wedding and I'm playing catch up tonight to try to get to everyone who has strolled on by and rocked my world! WOO HOO! Sorry mine didn't get posted I must've done something wrong, but it's up now. GREAT JOB AND THANKS FOR SHARIN'! HUGS

Michele at Angels Bark said...

Hey Mike,
Great selections here! Far Away Eyes is perfect for this! Never gave that a thought. And Led Zepp's Hot Dog was fun for sure.
I liked hearing the classical flairs with your last two picks.
And I never thought of "I Shot the Sheriff" being a crossover. Way to go!

Have a great week,

Michele at Angels Bark

Stacy Uncorked said...

Great song choices, Mike! Some of them I had no idea were crossovers! :) Thanks for the dance!