Sunday, April 22, 2018

Battle of the Bands Results:Valerie Carter by Unanimous Decision

My Battle of the Bands featured a song recorded by John Sebastion. Sebastion is best known for bein a member of The Lovin' Spoonful. The song "The Face of Appalacia" was co-written by the late Lowell George (Little Feat).

Valerie Carter was best known as a backing vocalist for a who's who of musical giants James Taylor, Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt, Neil Diamond, Glen Frey, Don Henley and more. She even sang with her rival in this Battle.

She wrote songs for Judy Collins, Jackson Browne and Earth Wind & Fire. She has a Little Feat connection singing backup with them and Lowell produced a couple of albums for her. She passed away in March of 2017.


Here she is with "O-o-h Child"...


"Crazy"

Thanks for voting! I will be back soon with a new battle on May 15th.





3 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

This outcome doesn't surprise me. I wonder what the outcome would have been if you had pitted Valerie against Sebastian. I think that might have been a tight one.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

Yeah, MIKE, I was watching the votes piling up in this Battle, all on one side. I was hoping someone would come along who could bust-up your shutout for ya, but... alas...

Hey, you know you're welcome to join us in the May 1st BOTB, too, if you'd like to. Most of us (all but one, I believe) have reverted to the original and traditional Two-Per-Month BOTB schedule (1st & 15th of each month). Feel free to join us again on May 1st, Buddy!

~ D-FensDogG
Stephen T. McCarthy Reviews...

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

I don't recall who Valerie was up against last time but I did vote for the winner. I really enjoyed listening to Valerie's tunes this morning. It was great rediscovering her tunes in this post. Thanks for sharing the outcome. My results are in today's 4M post. See ya around!