Thursday, April 18, 2013

A to Z: Pat Summerall R.I.P.

Pat Summerall who is best known for his work in the broadcast booth at NFL games passed away at the age of 82 earlier this week. Died of cardiac arrest while in a hospital for a broken hip. John Madden called him "the voice of football."


Here is a tribute video to him,,,


Here he talks about overcoming one of his personal demons..


Greg Cosell from NFL   films remembers him...

Awards and honors include being inducted into the Natioanl Sportscasters and Sportswriters Halll of Fame. In 1977 he won their Sportscaster of the Year Award. He wasalso inducted into the American Sportscasters Association Hall of Fame. Not bad a two Hall of Fame career, may he rest in peace.

1 comment:

triles said...

Man, that voice takes me back. So many games, so many shared memories with family and friends, Summerall's voice always a backdrop.

I got to meet him and Madden one time at Lambeau Field-one of the highlights of my childhood. They were both really cool to me and my friends, taking time to answer questions and give us some advice.