Friday, March 16, 2012

Great Blues Weekend on Tap

There are a lot of great blues or blues rock shows in and outside of Washington, D.C. this weekend. I think the combination of seeing the Experience Hendrix show, the warm weather, I am ready for Festival times. More than likely I probably won't go to any (sad face)but we will see. If I had to choose one I think it would be the Loomis Hamilton show in Rouzerville, Pennsylvania. The Texas guitarist was mentored by the legendary Bo Diddley. He is young guy but he is a riff master. You can read my preview here. Seeing him in a small place should be worth the trip. Rouzerville is outside of Hagerstown, Maryland.

Here is a clip from Youtube and a good reason to go..

I know it is probably 75 miles or so from D.C. or Baltimore, it is 30 some miles for me but those are country miles so it is still an hour. If you go early there is a free blues jam.

Tommy Castro plays Rams Head this weekend and so does Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes. Previews are highlighted. Chris is also playing the Red Palace Saturday night in Washington, D.C.
Tommy puts on a great show which will probably be incredible in the 500 seat venue in Annapolis.
Here is Tommy covering James Brown from the last time I saw him..


A Crowe alone. Chris is the guitarist for the Black Crowes but him on vocals and writing the lyrics should be different. Here is a taste of some of his solo stuff..

 

In Vienna, Virginia there is a benefit show at Jammin Java that should be pretty good plus it benefits a great cause. You can read about it here. Well off to work on some other things and getting ready for a spring like weekend.

No comments: