Friday, March 2, 2012

Davy Jones Passed Away

It's old news now Davy Jones of The Monkees passed away February 29, 2012. A little late I know on this one. I have been distracted lately and not writing much. Busy at the day job, drama some of my other writing ventures, probably a bit of writer's block and so forth.

Davy Jones was a talented man. As a teenager he performed in Oliver! in London's West End and New York's Broadway. The two theatre capitals of western civilization. He also appeared in a lot of theatre on the West End later in his career. in between he starred in the 60's shoe The Monkees which created a pop band of the same name.

Here is the origninal video for The Monkees hit "I'm A Believer"


Here is a little taste of their show..

I've caught a few shows on re-runs here and there. A touching tribute can be found on his official website.

No comments: