Thursday, January 28, 2021

R.I.P Cicely Tyson

 Cicely Tyson is a Kennedy Center Honoree actress who passed away at the age of 96. I don't know why I lead off with that statement. It was the one I chose but there are many choices to introduce this award winning actress. Television Hall of Fame Member,  Tony Award winning, Peabody Award winning, Academy Award winning, and three time Emmy Award winning actress would also work. 


Here she is being presented an honorary Oscar from Whoopi Goldberg...


Her award winning works include The Trip to Bountiful, The Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All, The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman. Interesting trivia she was married to jazz great Miles Davis for about seven years.

Tyson will be missed by her friends, family and fans.


1 comment:

Birgit said...

She was a great actress who blew me away in the tv show Jane Pitman. She was so good in anything she did.