Monday, February 17, 2020

Monday's Music Moves Me: Songs That Tell A story

Today's theme of Monday's Music Moves Me is "Songs That Tell A Story."  Listening to the songs there may be a curse word in some songs. Story one, one S Bomb. Dylan used an S bomb, an A bomb and a son of a …, also the N word is used,

Story One: "God's Own Drunk"  Jimmy Buffett


Story Two: Bob Dylan "Hurricane" vey appropriate for Black History Month. 



Story Three: Don McLean "American Pie"



Story Four "Long Black Veil" by Lefty Frizzell 



Hope you enjoyed story time, see you next time!







4 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

Great song set for story telling theme week! "Hurricane" had me dancing in my chair. Have a boogietastic week, my friend!

Come dance with me for my Songs that tell a story pick!

John Holton said...

Some great picks here!

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

All great songs over here and purrfect stories😸Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend🐾😽💞

Alana said...

Jimmy Buffet's song had me laughing - I had never heard it, or the classic "Long Black Veil". American Pie is such a classic. I picked "Hurricane" for my post - nice selection here this week!