Saturday, February 15, 2020

Battle of the Bands: Minuet in G

 My Battle of the Bands are sometimes rock, blues, country, folk, jazz or classical if you can classify them. Other genres represented as well. Many times the original strong might be in one genre but interpreted by artists in different genres. Today I am switching things up again with a classical piece.

The piece was credited to J.S. Bach for hundreds of years but in the 70s it was determined the piece was actually composed by Christian Petzold.

To reference:


If classical is not your thing it is a short piece and I will probably bounce to another genre next time.

Contender One: Jennifer Jeon


Contender Two: Lang Lang



Two different artists, two different instruments, one piece. Enjoy vote for the one you like the best in the comments and I will count them up and announce a winner a week or so later.


9 comments:

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

MIKE ~
I'll vote for Lang Lang because, in general, I prefer the sound of the piano to the sound of the violin, and such was also the case here.

~ D-FensDogG
STMcC Presents BATTLE OF THE BANDS

John Holton said...

I'll go with Jennifer here, because I prefer the violin over the piano...

Arlee Bird said...

I like both instruments, but since I play violin I'll stick with the String Team. A vote for Jennifer. Though these sound like different pieces to me, I'm not going to research it to back that up.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Mary B said...

I'm going to vote for Jennifer on this one.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

At this hour of the morning, my ear is more in tune to LANG LANG piano rendition of this classical piece than the violin version. When you get a moment, I hope you'll vote in my Heart and Soul #BoTB Showdown, my friend. Have a good week!

Debbie D. said...

It's fun to mix things up! ☺ I've done rock versions of classical pieces, but straight-up classical is interesting, too. I prefer the piano and am going with Lang Lang. If you have the time, come on over and vote in my battle @ The Doglady's Den. Cheers!

aisasami said...

I vote for Lang Lang too. I just like hearing the piece on a piano.

Birgit said...

yeah for Classical! I loved both but I will go with Jennifer and the violin because she played it so beautiful and I take to the sound of the violin more. Yang yang played the piano so nicely but I still give it to the violinist

Cherdo said...

I'm a string gal! Give my one and only vote to Jennifer Jeon!