Sunday, November 4, 2018

Thoughts on the film "Bohemian Rhapsody"

Queen sold me on "Bohemian Rhapsody".  A film over two hours long featuring the music of Queen yes I'm buying the ticket to experience it in IMAX sound. Of course I might of bought the ticket just to listen to there music.

Spanning 15 years and concentrating on Freddie Mercury the film wasn't designed to be the deepest movie. Things may have been missed, depth may not have been shown on a subject. Your favorite Queen song might not make the soundtrack.


The rise of Queen, a doomed love story, innuendos, breakups, reunions, HIV, and music are the ingredients of the film. . Delivered in "Almost Famous" vibe, with a good dose of humor and plenty of music.  If you like Queen the movie is worth a look. In the end a tribute to Freddie.

Disclaimer: I paid my fare to watch the movie on the big screen. 

No comments: