Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Jimi Hendrix

Yes I celebrate Jimi Hendrix on my blog when I have the chance. I mark his death and birthday. Today Jimi Hendrix would have been 71. To celebrate his birthday I offer up Hendrix performing covers. I know I am only going to share a handful so if you have a favorite one feel free to share.

Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix were friends. Here Jimi Hendrix covers Cream's "Sunshine of Your Life"...


Jimi Hendrix made Bob Dylan's "All Along The Watchtower" his own. Below he covers Bob Dylan's "Like A Rolling Stone"..


Jimi Hendrix could play about anything. Here he plays Carl Perkin's "Blue Suede Shoes"


Here Hendrix covers The Trogg's "Wild Thing"


I am not going to post some obvious covers since I was trying to avoid repeating myself. Enjoy Jimi's birthday!

No comments: