Tuesday, July 24, 2012

R.I.P. Sally Ride

Sally Ride was the first American woman to go into space. Opening the door for woman in the space program and becoming an example that woman could become whatever they want to be. You can read more about he in this MSNBC article about her death.Interestingly, the Russians had put a woman in space 20 years ahead of America.


Here is a video about her in space...


Here she talks about being the first U.S. woman in space, in her own words..

Here is more about her death..

I know I have blogged about musicians and other celebrities who have died. A lot of them have died due to cancer just like Sally Ride. I know a lot of regular, ordinary folks have died of cancer. I know many of them where someone's hero, someone's mom, dad, brother, sister, son, daughter, or somebody of some importance to someone. It is a terrible disease and I hope they find a cure soon. Thank you Sally for breaking that barrier, for being a role model, and your service to the space program. 

No comments: