Friday, April 22, 2011

A to Z: Poetry

I was not aware that April was National Poetry Month. Between traveling and getting backlogged in my writing, I have been creating  some poetry this month. I enjoy poetry. It is were I got the writing bug. Here is what I have been up to:

Mothers Love, is an acrostic poem for an assignment for Mothers Day. I thought about my own mother who has been having a tough time mending after battling cancer. I also thought of my wife the mother of my pride and joy daughter and a pretty cool son.

The Battle of Writing More, it is my stab at a Shakespearean Sonnet. I had some things in my head that suck in my mind about writing lately and this is what came out. That is what poetry was for me when I used to write a lot of it. Emotions, feelings, coming out thats what I used to fill notebooks with, but now I am sharing some with more than a handful of folks.

Here is another sonnet I wrote about anger. I wrote a poem on going fast, I used my hobby of ski racing and growing older for the subject matter. I  also wrote some haiku, they can be found on helium.

No comments: