Tuesday, January 22, 2008

RE: Radio Stations

I listen to 2 different radio stations for music on my commute. One is a radio station out of Washington, DC which has changed its format from classic rock to bit of everything that rocks. It is a good mix of the classic, new stuff, and alternative songs. The other is a a new station out of Hagerstown, which plays classic country or the legends of country. Which is neat since they play older songs. Some of it has the rock-a-billy sound. However, some of the stuff is classic rock. The Eagles, Fogerty, Pure Prairie League, and Lynrd Skynrd.

I listen to a lot of different music blues, folk, rock, classical, world, country, techno you name it. The stranger it is, or stuff before I was born in general. Why do radio stations keep labeling themselves? Just break down the barriers and play what you want too. I know the closest to this would be something on NPR. I know its all about advertising and what sells. But if your going to jumble the genres you might as well go all the way.

No comments: