Monday, December 6, 2021

R.I.P John Miles

                                                     "Music"


0
John Miles passed away. He was an English singer, musician00 re0ally, he was known to play the organ or guitar as well. I open the post with one his 70's English hits "00Music." Music is how I became aware of him. It was 1988 and I was into the music of Led Zeppelin and Jimmy Page had released his solo album "Outrider."

"Wasting My Time"


Alan Parsons Project "Shadow of a Lonely Man"

Thought I would throw in a video of John Miles working with The Alan Parsons Project.

John Miles willl be missed by his fans, friends, family and fellow musicians.







                                

1 comment:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

I'm not familiar with the name John Miles but I'm sure I've heard him at some point over the years, though. I also don't know Jimmy Page. However, I do recall Alan Parson's Project but this is one of those forgotten 70s bands that was reintroduced to me several years back. I'm sorry to read the news of Miles' passing. We're at the age were many of the faces/voices we've come to love are slipping over to the other side. I hope John is at peace. Thanks for sharing this tribute. The 4M crew misses you on the dance floor. We'd love to have you come join the party. This month is super easy since we're spinning Christmas songs all December. Have a joyful holiday season, dear friend!